*** Attention Hut Users ***
Capacities and prices of the huts this winter are subject to change because of evolving public health orders. One positive outcome of this situation is that new reservations may be available for significantly reduced prices albeit with some decrease in capacity. On a much less positive note, some existing reservations are having to reduce capacity to comply with public health orders. Public health orders are evolving rapidly and 10th Mountain is working to provide the most current information to allow hut visitors time to plan accordingly. 10th Mountain is changing some reservations in anticipation of restrictions and has adopted a rolling schedule to minimize the number of times a reservation might have to be reconfigured. Please see our COVID-19 Information Page for booking policies currently in effect and booking policies for later reservations. If you have an existing reservation for later this winter, please be prepared for changes.
- Through March 15th 2021 the capacities at most huts have been reduced to no more than 2 households at a reduced rate.
- Public health orders in Pitkin County require lodging visitors to complete a traveler affidavit prior to arrival. Hut visitors are expected to complete the affidavit but are not required to get a COVID test prior to arrival because hut visitors are quarantining at the hut during their stay in Pitkin County. 10th Mountain is informing hut visitors of this expectation but is not involved in affidavit collection or enforcement. Residents of the Roaring Fork Valley (Aspen – Glenwood Springs) are exempt. A full list of the huts in Pitkin County can be found on our COVID-19 Information Page. More info on the affidavit can be found at Pitkin County Travel Affidavit.
- Hut reservations for Winter 2020-2021 and Summer 2021 are single-party only, there are new minimum booking requirements, and capacities at most huts that used to sleep more than 12 guests have been reduced.
- Arrival time is now 2pm, and please depart by 11am.
- Discrete sleeping areas can be shared only by household members. Each hut typically has multiple discrete sleeping areas.
- Hut visitors are required to follow protocols on social distancing, use of face masks, handwashing, and cleaning/disinfecting the hut. 10th Mountain unequivocally supports these protocols.